The purposes of the Lovettsville Historical Society, Inc., as stated in its Articles of Corporation, are:
- To serve as the official repository of the history of Lovettsville and the surrounding areas previously known as “The German Settlement.”
- To collect and care for materials that illustrate the history of Lovettsville and its inhabitants.
- To operate and maintain the Lovettsville Museum.
- To educate the public about Lovettsville history through programs, resource materials, and events.
- To maintain and operate a research library for use by historians and genealogists.
- To acquire, display, and preserve artifacts, documents and records which relate to the history of Lovettsville.
- To accept, administer, apply and to use money, property and services acquired by gift, grant, devise, bequest or otherwise in accordance with any of the purposes and objects of the Lovettsville Historical Society, Inc.